Fees and Payment
- I charge an hourly rate.
- A $100 deposit is required at the time of booking.
- Payment is required at the end of each session.
- Payment can be made with cash, e-transfer, or credit card.
- The time starts when I arrive and ends when I leave.
- About 15 minutes prior to the end of the session, we will begin tidying up the area we are currently working on to allow time for payment and scheduling of the next session.
- All fees are subject to HST.
- In person assessment and sessions.
- Additional time outside of sessions spent space planning, researching product and making local and online purchases on client’s behalf.
- Custom labels made with P-Touch Cube label maker.
- Arranging appointments of other service providers if required and on-site attendance to supervise the work (the time would be deducted from package hours).
- Removal of small household items no longer wanted/needed.
- Email communication throughout to answer any questions.
- Assessment fee: $70, which is deducted from the first session.
- Hourly fee: $60.
- Please note that package hours must be used within 6 months of the first session.
- Referrals are an important part of BirchTree Organizing’s success. If someone you refer to BirchTree Organizing becomes a client, you will receive a $25.00 gift card to your choice of Solutions or Homesense/Marshalls/Winners.
Supplies and Expenses
- BirchTree Organizing’s fees do NOT include the costs of any agreed upon organizing supplies or containers. These, and any expenses associated with them (travel, parking, shipping, delivery etc.), are the responsibility of the client. BirchTree Organizing can purchase agreed upon products for the client, but must be reimbursed for all associated expenses at the time of delivery to the client.
- While it is common to purchase some organizing supplies and containers during the process, it is by no means required. Whenever possible or necessary, items already owned will be utilized. Getting creative with what you have is a fun and effective way to keep costs down!
- Custom vinyl labels are available for a fee. Prices range from $2.00 – $5.00 per label, depending on the size and number of labels.
- 48 hours notice is required if cancelling a scheduled appointment. If less than 48 hours notice of cancellation is provided, 50% of the session fee will be charged.
- The cancellation fee may be waived in the event of a genuine emergency, the determination of which is made on a case by case basis and is in the sole discretion of BirchTree Organizing.
- BirchTree Organizing is located in London, Ontario and services London and surrounding areas within 45 minutes, including: St. Thomas, Strathroy, Stratford, Lucan, Exeter, Woodstock, Alymer, Komoka, Arva, Parkhill, Ilderton, Clandeboye, Birr, Elginfield, Denfield, Thorndale, Ballymote, Dorchester, Thamesford, Belmont, Melrose, Lobo, Cold Stream, Bryanston, Uniondale, Poplar Hill, Mount Brydges, St. Mary’s, Ingersoll, Watford and Glencoe.
- If you are unsure if I service your area, please contact me to find out.
- I can travel to out of service areas, but travel fees will apply.
- Weekday hours are Monday to Friday 9-5. However, I know that these hours do not work for everyone. That is why BirchTree Organizing also offers evening and weekend assessments and weekend sessions. This is the “working around your schedule” part of BirchTree Organizing’s mission!
Privacy and Confidentiality
- I treat every client with respect and dignity. Your privacy and confidentiality are very important to me. Confidentiality and privilege are two of the most important cornerstones of the legal profession. As a criminal prosecutor for 12 years, I dealt with private and sensitive information on a daily basis. That level of access to the details of a person’s life was a responsibility I took very seriously. It is one I take equally seriously now as a Professional Organizer.
- As a member of the Professional Organizers in Canada I am also bound by their Code of Ethics which states:
“I will respect the confidential nature of the client’s information, and will use proprietary client information only with the client’s permission.”
- With your written consent, testimonials and “Before” and “After” pictures may be taken and used on BirchTree Organizing’s website and/or other social media sites connected to BirchTree Organizing.
- No identifying information about you or your location will be used and metadata in the digital files will be removed.