ORGANIZING FAVOURITES: 20 WAYS TO ORGANIZE WITH HANGING SHOE POCKETS
It’s the last Thursday of the month and time for my Organizing Favourites post. This month’s featured product is the hanging shoe pocket. An affordable, easy to use, versatile product that can be used for so much more than it’s intended purpose (hmmm, seems to be a theme 😉). Before discovering 20 clever and easy ways to organize your whole house with them, lets briefly discuss what makes them a great organizing product.
5 Reasons Hanging Shoe Pockets Are An Awesome Organizing Product
- Hanging shoe pockets come in different sizes, materials, colours and with or without clear pockets, making it easy to find one to match your functional and aesthetic needs.
- Hanging shoe pockets are quick and easy to use. No tools required, just slip the hooks over the door and you’re done. Don’t want hooks hanging over your door or maybe you want to use one on a wall? No problem! Attach command hooks to your door or wall and hang the shoe pocket on those.
- Because hanging shoe pockets simply hang on the door or wall, they cause no damage and can easily be moved if your needs change.
- Hanging shoe pockets are budget-friendly. Prices vary depending on size and material, but you can get a 24 clear pocket one on Amazon for $13.01 (Cdn).
- Finally, hanging shoe pockets are readily available at almost every home store and online.
20 Ways To Organize With Hanging Shoe Pockets
In the kitchen, use a hanging shoe pocket to store packets, spices and other small pantry items.
Or water bottles.
In the bathroom or linen closet, a hanging shoe pocket is a great place to store first aid supplies.
In bedrooms and closets, a hanging shoe pocket provides storage for belts.
Use one to keep baby blankets organized and accessible in the nursery.
Or for baby clothes and accessories.
In a kid’s bedroom or playroom, a hanging shoe pocket is a clever way to store action figures and other small-piece toys.
They provide a nice home for smaller stuffed animals too!
For crafters, a hanging shoe pocket is a perfect way to organize and store craft supplies.
And sewing thread.
A hanging shoe pocket can house extra office supplies in the office.
In the mudroom, a hanging shoe pocket is an ideal place to keep all the things you need as you walk out the door like hats, mitts, scarves, sunscreen, sunglasses and tissue packets etc.
I love the idea of using one to organize and store cleaning supplies.
A hanging shoe pocket is a clever way to corral gift wrap.
And all those cords.
Use one in the garage to organize spray paint cans.
Or in the car to keep children’s items organized and accessible.
Lastly, I discovered a holiday decorating use that I LOVE for this month’s featured product too: using it as an advent calendar.
Not exactly organizing related, but I have warned you I’m really into all things Christmas and I can’t resist sharing these holiday gems when I find them!
And there you have it, 20 clever and easy ways to organize your home with the versatile, easy-to-use and affordable hanging shoe pocket. Do you have a favourite way to organize with a hanging shoe pocket? Let me know in the comments below. And if you want to discover even more cost-efficient organizing ideas, click here to read my post on 10 organizing products under $20.00. For the first two featured products , click here for clever organizing with Command Hooks and here for tension rods. Remember to look out for next month’s installment on … magazine holders! If you like this post, please share it!