BirchTree Organizing COVID-19 Safety Measures
My health, and the health of my clients, is paramount. Please review the following measures I’ve put in place to carry out organizing sessions safely.
- I will be offering virtual consultations, in addition to my regular, in-person ones.
- Alternatively, and weather permitting, the in-person consultation can take place largely outside. It consists of going through some questions to ensure I understand your specific needs and goals. This would be followed by a quick tour of the space(s) to be worked on so I can create a Client Action Plan tailored to you.
- All safety precautions outlined below in “Organizing Sessions” will be followed for consultations.
- Virtual organizing sessions can be held via FaceTime or Zoom. The client will give me a virtual tour of the space(s) to be worked on.
- There is a $15 discount for a virtual consultation.
- I will wear a face mask and request clients wear one as well, if they are able.
- I will wear shoe covers in your space.
- Hands will be washed/sanitized upon entry.
- We will make every effort to maintain a distance of 6ft. If the space being worked on is too small to accommodate this, either the client or I (decision is the client’s) will be the hands-on worker who will bring items to a larger space to be reviewed/sorted/decluttered etc.
- I will bring a single canvas bag into the home that will be freshly washed before all sessions.
- The bag will hold my phone, water, sanitizer (liquid and wipes), organizing apron, measuring tape, clipboard, pen and car key.
- All items in the bag will be cleaned/sanitized before each season (via laundry, UV sanitization and disinfectant wipes).
- My organizing bag with further organizing supplies will remain in my vehicle. Once it is determined what supplies are needed, I will retrieve them (for example label maker, other labelling supplies, tools, etc.).
- Instead of sorting bins, garbage bags and recycling bags will be used.
- For breaks/meals, I will go outside or to my vehicle.
Organizer/Client Responsibilities To Each Other:
- Both Organizer and Client acknowledge that Covid-19 is currently a pandemic.
- Both Organizer and Client confirm that they are not currently experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms such as cough, fever or difficulty breathing. For a full list of symptoms, please click here.
- Both Organizer and Client confirm, to their knowledge, they have not been in contact with someone experiencing the above symptoms within the 14 days leading up to each session.
- Both Organizer and Client confirm they have not travelled outside the country within the 14 days leading up to each session.
- Before each session, Organizer and Client will confirm the above 3 points with one another.
- In the event that either Organizer or Client begins to experience any of the above symptoms within 14 days of working together, they will notify the other party immediately.
- If either Organizer or Client are feeling unwell or experiencing flu-like symptoms, they will call to reschedule the appointment. Cancellation fees due to suspected Covid-19 illness will be waived.
For more information on Ontario’s Framework for Re-opening: Phase 2, please click here.
All other policies and fees remain in place. To review them, please click here.
I look forward to helping you with your organizing needs!