ORGANIZING FAVOURITES: 16 WAYS TO ORGANIZE WITH TURNTABLES
While there may be debate over the proper name, there’s no question turntables (or lazy susans) are organizing superstars. That’s why this month’s Organizing Favourites is showcasing this versatile product and 16 ways you can use it to organize your home and office. But first, lets quickly go over what makes turntables a great organizing product.
5 Reasons Turntables Are Awesome Organizing Products
- Turntables transform un-useable, awkward spaces into functional ones by creating accessibility and visibility where there was none. Have a deep pantry or awkward corner in a cabinet? Throw a turntable in the space and never again lose your stuff in the dark back no-mans-land. Even in standard cabinets, turntables work their magic by allowing you to see and access everything with one easy spin instead of having to shuffle items around to get what you want.
- Turntables are versatile. They come in many different sizes, depths and finishes. You can get turntables that are one open area or have divided compartmentshave a a single-level or are tiered. You should have no problem finding one to suit your functional and aesthetic needs. And because turntables just sit on a flat surface, they’re easy to move if your needs change.
- Turntables can save you money. Because you can see and access everything easily, you don’t waste money replacing forgotten items that expired or buying duplicates of items you forgot you had.
- In addition to saving you money, turntables are budget-friendly to purchase. Prices vary depending on size, finish and whether adjustable or not, but you can get the grey one pitured above at Dollarama for $4.00 (Cdn).
- Finally, turntables are readily available at home stores, dollar stores and online, making them easy to find.
16 Ways To Organize With Turntables
Turntables really shine in the kitchen. Use them to make deep, awkward lower corner cabinets more functional.
They work just as great in awkward upper corner cabinets.
Turntables also add function to recessed sides of cabinets that are hard to see and reach.
Turntables make the back of deep pantries functional.
Speaking of pantries, turntables are awesome in the corners of walk in pantries too.
In standard upper cabinets, turntables are a fantastic way to store spices for easy accessibility and visibility.
Ditto for cooking oils.
And canned goods.
I love using a turntable in the fridge to stop the annoying shuffling of items to get the condiment I want.
And you can use one under your sink for cleaning supplies.
Outside of the kitchen, turntables are great under bathroom sinks too.
But they certainly don’t have to be kept under the sink, place one on your countertop for easy access to your makeup.
And your perfume. Just placing all these bottles in a turntable makes the space look organized instead of cluttered.
They also add a lot of function to bathroom or linen closets to organize and store medications.
In the office, keep all the supplies you need handy with a turntable.
And lastly, use a turntable to keep your kids’ creativity flowing.
Say goodbye to unuseable awkward spaces and hello to functional storage with easy access with these 16 easy turntable ideas. Didn’t I tell you turntables were organizing superstars? If I missed your favourite way to organize with turntables, let me know in the comments below.
If you want to discover even more cost-efficient organizing ideas, click here to read my post on 10 organizing products under $20.00. For the first 7 Organizing Favourites posts, click here for clever organizing with Command Hooks, here for tension rods, here for hanging shoe pockets, here for magazine racks, here for bakeware racks, here for labels, and here for baskets.
If you like this post, please share it!