ORGANIZING FAVOURITES: 20 WAYS TO ORGANIZE WITH MAGAZINE HOLDERS
The last Thursday of October means it’s time for my Organizing Favourites post. Today I’m highlighting the small, but mighty, desktop magazine holder. Like all my Organizing Favourite products, the desktop magazine holder is affordable, easy to use and versatile. Before discovering 20 clever and easy ways to organize your whole house with desktop magazine holders, lets briefly discuss what makes them a great organizing product.
5 Reasons Desktop Magazine Holders Are Awesome Organizing Products
- Desktop magazine holders come in different sizes, materials (cardboard, metal, wood, plastic, acrylic) and colours, making it easy to find one to match your functional and aesthetic needs.
- Desktop magazine holders create vertical storage for items making visibility and access easy.
- Because desktop magazine holders generally just sit on a flat surface, they don’t usually cause any damage, and are easy to move if your needs change.
- Desktop magazine holders are budget-friendly. Prices vary depending on size and material, but you can get a pack of 5 cardboard ones from Ikea for $3.99 (Cdn).
- Finally, desktop magazine holders are readily available at home stores, office stores, dollar stores and online.
20 Ways To Organize With Desktop Magazine Holders
In the kitchen and pantry, use a desktop magazine holder to organize serving trays or cutting boards vertically.
To corral paper goods.
And water bottles.
And boxed food.
If you tend to print out recipes or tear them from magazines to keep, the combination of a desktop magazine holder and some file folders is a great way to keep them together and organized (and pretty!).
You can use a couple to store onions and potatoes.
Magazine holders work great for canned goods.
And foil and plastic wrap.
And as a way to create shelving and more space in your freezer.
Outside of the kitchen, desktop magazine holders are a great way to organize craft supplies like yarn.
And check out this beautiful use to store and organize paper scraps.
In the bathroom, use one as a holder for extra rolls of toilet paper.
Or use a metal desktop magazine holder to store styling tools.
In the bedroom, a desktop magazine holder is an excellent way to keep your clutches neat and organized.
I love this idea of using a desktop magazine holder to hide cords and a modem.
If you have a workout area, you can use desktop magazine holders to corral exercise towels and small equipment/accessories.
Another excellent idea is to use desktop magazine holders for gift wrap supplies.
Finally, if you are a little bit handy, you can use desktop magazine holders to create these amazing, space saving bedside tables.
Or a shelf.
And there you have it, 21 clever and easy ways to organize your home with the versatile, easy-to-use and affordable desktop magazine holder. Do you have a favourite way to organize with desktop magazine holders? Let me know in the comments below. And if you want to discover even more cost-efficient organizing ideas, click here to read my post on 10 organizing products under $20.00. For the first three featured products , click here for organizing with Command Hooks, here for tension rods and here for hanging shoe pockets. Remember to look out for next month’s installment on bakeware racks! If you like this post, please share it!